[cisco-voip] Fwd: Prime Collaboration Assurance and Analytics 11.5 MOS unavailable and codec 90 ?

Dave Wolgast dwolgas1 at rochester.rr.com
Tue Nov 21 11:02:50 EST 2017

The 7841s use a metric called Severely Concealed Seconds Ratio (SCSR). See
this white paper for a description:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/prime-collaboration/white-paper-c11-735409.html

Basically the percentage of time that the call had poor quality. A SCSR of
>4 (4% of the time, there was "concealment"... lower is better) tends to be
considered unacceptable. The client I have been deploying over the last
several months has had nearly all sites averaging <2 per branch, with many
<1.

If the client has a mixed environment of legacy (79xx, etc...) and newer
phones and uses these metrics, they need to know which phones use which
measure and need to be taught what each score indicates.

Dave Wolgast

--
Dave Wolgast
Livonia, NY