[cisco-voip] CUCM Build to Version Conversion

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 14:36:06 EDT 2018

In the Cisco Live presentation for Best Practices for Migration Previous
Versions of CUCM
<https://www.ciscolive.com/global/on-demand-library/?#/session/1509501667293001PMPi>.
the following slide is given:

[image: image.png]

I'm wondering if the list can help answer the following questions:

0) Is there some mapping utility for build to version already out there?
cisco.com downloads in not ideal, because not always can you find all
historical versions, and rarely if ever can you find ESes,

1) For an ES, is it always tied to an SU?  Example: 11.5.1.11101-n would be
11.5(1)SU1ES1, correct? And 11.5.1.11901-n would be 11.5(1)SU1a, right?
But then, how would 11.5(1)SU1aES1 look, as a build version?

2) When the patch on the minor or SU comes out, does that usually mean the
previous patch version was differed?  E.g., 11.5(1a) differs 11.5(1) or
11.5(1)SU2a differs 11.5(1)SU2

3) What do the postfix digits represent?  E.g., The 6 at the end of
11.5.1.10000-6.

4) How do we know what version is considered a long life release?  I can
guess that all .0 releases are NOT long life, but then in the case of 9.0,
9.1(1) and 9.1(2), we have: short, short, long.  And in the case of 8.0,
8.5, 8.6, we have: short, short, long.  Therefore, it's not accurate to
say, .5 releases are long life, because in 9.x there wasn't one, and in 8.x
it was actually 8.6.  Therefore, you likely cannot derive it from the
number alone, so is it published somewhere?

Thanks.