[cisco-voip] Jabber For Mac Unable To Ad-Hoc Conference

Gary Parker G.J.Parker at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Dec 5 05:26:12 EST 2018

> On 14 Nov 2018, at 14:22, Gary Parker <G.J.Parker at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:
>

>> On 14 Nov 2018, at 13:41, Gary Parker <G.J.Parker at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>> CUCM 11.5.1-12900-21
>> IM&P 11.5.1.12900-25
>> Various Jabber clients (iOS, Mac, Windows tested with 12.1.1, 12.0, 11.9, 11.8.1)
>>
>> Afternoon all, I’ve had a call from a user stating that they’re unable to start ad-hoc audio conferences from their Jabber for Mac client. I’ve tested this on my own client (12.1.1 on macOS 10.14.1) and found that clicking the elipsis/more button during a call only gives me the option of Transfer, Hold and Merge (greyed out).
>>
>> Logging in with the same credentials (and, by extension, using the same Unified Client Services Framework device in CUCM) on Windows 10 (Jabber for Windows 12.1.1), placing a call and clicking the elipsis/more button gives me Transfer, Hold and Merge (greyed out) and Conference.
>>
>> The conference button is also visible when using the latest version of the iOS client.
>>
>> Observed behaviour on Mac clients is the same whether on the LAN, connected via VPN or MRA
>>
>> Another user reports that the Conference option used to be available on his Mac client but that it disappeared a number of revisions ago.
>>
>> - is this functionality still present in the Mac client?
>>
>> - any idea why it’s not showing up on my devices?
>
> One other thing: this is the same whether in soft phone or deskphone mode. Conference option missing on Mac and present on all other platforms.

Quick update on this, for the benefit of others. This was raised with TAC and they’ve informed me that this behaviour is by design. Ad-hoc conference calls on Mac should be created using the Merge function. Every other soft phone and desk phone uses the Conference option.

Doesn’t seem right to me, but there you go… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

---
|     Unified Communications Service Manager      |
n      Loughborough University, IT Services       |
|        https://www.osx.ninja/pubkey.txt         |