[cisco-voip] Charlie - Spark bot to deliver CCX/CCE updates

Abhiram Kramadhati (akramadh) akramadh at cisco.com
Tue Feb 13 22:30:26 EST 2018

Hi all,

We have always received feedback from our partner summits, CiscoLive and forums here that there can be a better way to deliver updates about latest ES’s, field notices and general information that is not necessarily in our documentation. The problem being addressed is that of ensuring our partner community is made aware of a release of a new ES (or an update) and details about what is fixed in the ES. This will help the community choose to proactively install the ES or at least be aware about the availability of an ES in case you run into the defect. ES is just an example, but we want to make sure important updates are delivered to our partners.

Please say Hi to Charlie, a Spark-bot that is commissioned to deliver you with the latest and greatest of the CCX and CCE solution updates (CCX, SM, Finesse, CUIC, CCE, CVP, VVB). These updates are especially aimed at servicing the product better and so will mainly be updates on an ES release, a potential new issue that might have been found or a new Field Notice.

You can start a 1:1 conversation at: update-charlie at sparkbot.io<mailto:update-charlie at sparkbot.io> or add Charlie into your team rooms. When there is an update, he will automatically broadcast to all his rooms. You can also request for an update which you might have missed.

[cid:image001.png at 01D3A572.3D266EA0]

Please note that this is not an official Cisco product, but our project to address concerns of the partner community. There are a lot of items on the roadmap to improve Charlie’s capabilities, so please reach out to me directly at akramadh at cisco.com<mailto:akramadh at cisco.com> if you have any feedback to share.

Charlie has already been introduced in partner summits and has been running in the pilot phase, so if any of you have already spoken to Charlie you would have automatically got updates such as this:
 [cid:image002.png at 01D3A572.3D266EA0]

Processes are in place to ensure that any new ES will be announced through Charlie (apart from our official announcements on CCO etc.).

Hope you find this useful, and as always do let me know of any feedback.

[http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/email-signature-tool/logo_07.png?ct=1421802598153]

Abhiram Kramadhati
Technical Solutions Manager
Customer Solutions Success team, CCBU