[cisco-voip] Charlie - Spark bot to deliver CCX/CCE updates

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 15:24:37 EST 2018

More important than the technology delivery method: Web Sites, Email
subscriptions, RSS feeds, Spark; is keeping the content flowing and keeping
it relevant.  Too many times I've seen ghost towns made out of Cisco
announcement efforts, and they boil down to just listing the mandatory
security vulnerabilities.

An announcement bot does not solve that problem, as humans still have to
feed it the information to disseminate.  Therefore, it's my opinion that
this is the same as email notifications or RSS feeds, albeit with a hip
Chat Bot approach.

A better value would be derived from being able to ask the bot questions
such as:

What's the latest SU for UCCX 10.6?
What COP files do I need when upgrading from UCCX 10.6 to 11.5?
What new features are introduced from UCCX 10.6 to 11.6?
Can I change the hostname in UCCX 8.5?
What email systems are supported for Agent Email in UCCX 11.6?

Maybe it needs a little more block chain?  ;)

Joking aside, maybe this bot will evolved into a bi-directional
communication tool, and for that, I'm on board.  I've already added the bot
to a team in Spark and we'll see how it progresses.