[cisco-voip] Cube configuration for CenturyLink Sip Trunk

'Jonatan Quezada' jonatan.quezada at chemeketa.edu
Thu Jan 11 14:50:10 EST 2018

Hola Cisco Ninjas,

We cut over to a CenturyLink IQ private SIP trunk, and we are seeing that
FAXing is not functional like before. Part of the reason we feel is that
the ATA and the fax devices location are the older ones, they are ATA186, I
have tried

The provider says they do passthrough, but we can only receive. We
developed a workaround with a seperate routeList, and Group to use the T1's
we migrated from.

Has anyone successfully configured Fax with centuryLinkSip Trunk?

The TAC team mentioned that I should use this command  in the dial peers

fax protocol t38 nse ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback pass-through
g711u’.

before I mess with my dial peers I want to see if there are field tested
methods that have been successful.

What is the difference between configuring FAX globally on the voice
service VoIP area of the configuration vs the dial peer side. I already
have the above command configured globally. and fax is still receive only.
I cant send out over the trunk.  thoughts concerns? ideas greatly
appreciated

Johnny Q
Voice Technology Analyst - TelNet
Chemeketa Community College