[cisco-voip] Jabber Client - How to make the SIP URI be the *default* for "green button" click to dial.

Brian V bvanbens at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 11:15:08 EDT 2018

IMP 12.0 on-prem with Jabber for Windows 12.0 (But I think this would apply
to most all current releases of IMP/Jabber)

Using only UDS directory with LDAP sync on back end. LDAP directory is
mapping *telephoneNumber* to *Phone Number* and *mail* to *Directory URI*

The client seems to default to using the Phone Number as the default
selection for the green-button click-to-dial function. I have a need to
make this default to the SIP URI.

I've checked over the parameters available here

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_0/cjab_b_parameters-reference-guide-for-cisco_12.html

but not finding anything in the XML parameters that would seem to influence
this.

I can successfully click-to-dial either the Phone Number or the SIP URI. I
need to make the SIP URI be the *default* for click-to-dial.

Tested with both a client configured with only a softphone, and client
configured for only desk phone control.  No impact on the order.  Always
selects SIP URI first.

I'm in a UC migration situation and the *Phone Number* for users (imported
from LDAP) may not be accurate (not reachable) during the migration, but
the SIP URI will be accurate and reachable. Trying to not have to instruct
users select the SIP URI manually when dialing from Jabber

Screen capture to illustrate what I'm trying to do.