[cisco-voip] booking multiple concurrent meetings with one webex account...

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Fri May 18 09:40:10 EDT 2018

I had an interesting question / use case brought forward to me. Note, this is not about circumventing license requirements, this is about usability and administration. And of course, people trying to replicate what they do now with a different tool.

Imagine this, a departmental administrator has a webex account, "mywebexroom" and signs into that account to book meetings for the three or four meeting rooms they have. Some of those meetings are concurrent. Then, as people visit each room, they go to the conferencing tool and "start" their respective meetings on the conferencing PC in that room. The PCs autologin to the conferencing tool with the same "mywebexroom" account.

I mean, I know this isn't the way webex was intended to be used, but I'm not sure people want to be managing 10 different room accounts. Granted, people could be booking their own meetings, but it's not how the workflow is right now. And that will be difficult to change overnight.

I'd like to hear people's thoughts.

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio at uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio at uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook