[cisco-voip] Unity Call Handler recording upload

Gary Parker G.J.Parker at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Oct 12 06:35:08 EDT 2018

> On 12 Oct 2018, at 10:56, James Dust <james.dust at charles-stanley.co.uk> wrote:
>
> I have created a call handler on our unity server for a number range we no longer use.
>
> Our staff have created an mp4 file, with the desired recording on it which I wish to upload to this call handler.
>
> I’ve converted the file to both .mp3 and .wav, however when I upload the file I get an error message stating the format is oncorrect.
>
> Could someone tell me what format the file should be in please?

Hi James, I found this article on using the free Audacity tool to convert very helpful:

http://snafder.blogspot.com/2011/01/saving-wav-files-in-ccitt-u-law-format.html

Long story short, you need a mono, 8-bit, 8kHz, u-law WAV.

However, use Audiotext Manager and it does all the heavy lifting for you. Just drop any old wav file or MP3 and it converts it as it uploads. Definitely my recommended solution.

https://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/ATM/ATM.html

---
|     Unified Communications Service Manager      |
n      Loughborough University, IT Services       |
|        https://www.osx.ninja/pubkey.txt         |