[cisco-voip] Using "All zones" in expressway search rules...

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Wed Oct 17 09:35:38 EDT 2018

Digging deeper into search rules... and also planning ahead for H323 registered devices.

On the E, I want a rule so that I can send calls out to WebEx. I want pretty much everything but the default zone since I don't want to allow external to external calls. I know I can use call policies, but I want many layers of protection.

>From the GUI help, it says that I have the following options for the source:

The sources of the requests for which this rule applies.

Any: locally registered devices, neighbor or traversal zones, and any non-registered devices.

All zones: locally registered devices plus neighbor or traversal zones.

Local Zone: locally registered devices only.

Named: a specific zone or subzone.

Default: Any.

My testing shows that if I select "All zones" the default zone is not included. Is my assumption correct? Or is it something else that is making the call (from the default zone) not be found? When I put the rule back to Any, it works again.

I'm hoping that by selecting "All zones" this will allows calls from C to E traversal zone through to webex, but also any locally registered H323 devices as well.

Thanks!

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio at uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio at uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook