[cisco-voip] Cisco ATA Devices need reset

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Wed Sep 19 15:13:05 EDT 2018

On the ATA-186, any time we did maintenance work on the UCM or CM service. They are pretty weak sauce and seem to just give up trying to operate.

You don't have to physically go to these though, I just go to the admin page and touch something like the TFTP config line or whatever and it will eventually come back to life and re-register itself.

Have not had this problem with the ATA-187 or ATA-190.

We DO have this problem with the VG320 and VG340, SCCP- they'll fall off due to a network outage and then never bother to come back and re-register no matter how I configure the "retry" parameter.

Adam Pawlowski
SUNAB