[cisco-voip] Session/connection limits on multi-tenant CUBE

Fred Hunt fredmanwalking.voip at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 12:27:48 EDT 2019

So far, in testing, a consolidated dial-peer configuration like shown below
is working to meet our needs:

voice class server-group 5000

ipv4 10.X.X.1 port 5060 preference 1

ipv4 10.X.X.2 port 5060 preference 2

description TENANT 1 TRUNK GROUP

!

voice class uri 5500 sip

host ipv4:10.X.X.1

host ipv4:10.X.X.2

!

dial-peer voice 999998 voip

description TENANT 1 TEST

incoming uri from 5500

incoming called-number 9876543210

destination-pattern 9876543210

session protocol sipv2

session transport udp

session server-group 5000

voice-class codec 1

voice-class sip options-keepalive profile 5000

voice-class sip bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0

voice-class sip bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

no vad

max-conn 1

!

I opened a TAC case and was informed that we aren't the only customers
seeking the functionality that I outlined in my initial email.  There is a
bug opened to track that enhancement request:
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvm89283.  It does only
mention limiting outbound connections, but hopefully that will change to
include inbound too.