[cisco-voip] SSD for UC (Ayoub,Gregory)

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Wed Apr 24 13:35:46 EDT 2019

Our storage group here moved our applications to our Pure storage SSD arrays due to the amount of IO the applications generate. I don't have specific figures and trust their judgement on this - we still have hybrid storage arrays, and the arrays kept moving our data from the magnetic disc to the SSD due to the number of requests that the UC applications generate.

That could possibly play into the commentary about the number of write cycles these applications would generate against solid state disc.