[cisco-voip] Phone Deprecation going forward

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 22:50:05 EST 2019

It affects all push notifications to back-grounded apps, which means, IM
too, not just calls.

Take a look at this:

*Purpose of this Document*
This document describes how to configure Push Notifications for Cisco
Unified Communications Manager and the IM and Presence Service. With Push
Notifications, your deployment uses Apple's cloud-based Push Notification
service to push voice calls, video calls, and instant message notifications
to Cisco Jabber for iPhone and iPad clients that are running in the
background. You must enable Push Notifications to maintain persistent
communication with Cisco Jabber for iPhone and iPad.

Source: Push Notifications Deployment for Cisco Jabber on iPhone and iPad
with Cisco Unified Communications Manager
<https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/push_notifications/cucm_b_push-notifications-deployment-guide.html>