[cisco-voip] Nortel 81c <-> ADTran 908e <-> SIP CUBE <-> AT&T SIP trunk

Austin Williams austinpucknether at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 12:52:50 EDT 2019

 Hey All,

We are attempting to lab out a solution to remove all of the PRIs set up at
our locations. Many of these locations have older phone systems that do not
directly support SIP. (for example: Nortel 81c) Our solution is to create a
NI-2 trunk from the older phone systems to an ADTran and then a SIP
connection from the ADTran to our SIP Cubes and then to the Carrier via
their SIP trunk.

Our Current issue is that after creating the NI-2 trunk and getting the
D-Channel to establish we get the following warning: 2019.06.19 11:37:06
TM.T02 0 WARNING Trunk has no b-channels

When attempting a call out from the Nortel to the ADTran and to the SIP
CUBES we get: 11:40:09.425 TM.T02 0 Cannot accept calls - trunk being
configured or trunk full

When attempting a call in from the carrier through the SIP CUBES to the
ADTran we get: 11:42:07.676 TA.T02 Deliver event rejected, trunk out of
service

I am attaching our "Sanitized" config at the bottom of this email and would
appreciate any thoughts anyone has. If anyone wants to see any debugs let
me know as well.

Config starts here:

Building configuration...
!
!
! ADTRAN, Inc. OS version R11.10.7.HA.E
! Boot ROM version R10.9.3.B3
! Platform: Total Access 908e (3rd Gen), part number 4243908F1
! Serial number CFG1721218
!
!
hostname "atalab-voice01"

!
!
clock timezone -5
!
ip subnet-zero
ip classless
ip routing
ipv6 unicast-routing
!
!
!
!
auto-config
!
event-history on
no logging forwarding
no logging email
!
no service password-encryption
!
username
!
!
no ip firewall alg msn
no ip firewall alg mszone
no ip firewall alg h323
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
no dot11ap access-point-control
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
ip crypto ffe
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
interface eth 0/1
  no ip address
  shutdown
!
!
interface eth 0/2
  no ip address
  shutdown
!
!
!
interface gigabit-eth 0/1
  ip address  x.x.x.x  255.255.252.0
  media-gateway ip primary
  no shutdown
!
!
!
!
interface t1 0/1
  lbo short 255
  fdl none
  tdm-group 1 timeslots 1-24 speed 64
  no shutdown
!
interface t1 0/2
  tdm-group 1 timeslots 1-24 speed 64
  shutdown
!
interface t1 0/3
  tdm-group 1 timeslots 1-24 speed 64
  shutdown
!
interface t1 0/4
  tdm-group 1 timeslots 1-24 speed 64
  shutdown
!
!
interface pri 1
  role user
  isdn name-delivery setup
  connect t1 0/1 tdm-group 1
  no shutdown
!
!
interface fxs 0/1
  no shutdown
!
interface fxs 0/2
  no shutdown
!
interface fxs 0/3
  no shutdown
!
interface fxs 0/4
  no shutdown
!
interface fxs 0/5
  no shutdown
!
interface fxs 0/6
  no shutdown
!
interface fxs 0/7
  no shutdown
!
interface fxs 0/8
  no shutdown
!
!
isdn-group 1
  min-channels 1
  max-channels 23
  connect pri 1
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x.x
!
no tftp server
no tftp server overwrite
no http server
http secure-server
no snmp agent
no ip ftp server
no ip scp server
no ip sntp server
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
sip
sip udp 5060
no sip tcp
no sip tls
!
!
!
voice feature-mode network
voice forward-mode network
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
voice dial-plan 1 local NXX-XXXX
voice dial-plan 2 long-distance 1-NXX-NXX-XXXX
voice dial-plan 3 user1 XXXXXXXXXX
!
!
!
!
voice codec-list VOICE
  default
  codec g711ulaw
!
!
!
voice trunk T01 type sip
  match dnis "502-NXX-XXXX" substitute "1-502-NXX-XXXX"
  match dnis "NXXNXXXXXX" substitute "NXXNXXXXXX"
  sip-server primary x.x.x.x
  sip-server secondary x.x.x.x
  codec-list VOICE both
!