[cisco-voip] SME and Cisco Meeting Server (CMS) (CUCM 12.5)

Jason Aarons (Americas) jason.aarons at dimensiondata.com
Mon Mar 11 20:28:13 EDT 2019

   If you had 4 clusters, connected via SME (with centralized SIP in via SME) and wanted to do Cisco Meeting Server, would it makes sense to put a CMS for bridges (no Ad-Hoc) would you register them to SME or one for each Leaf CUCM.  I could then use ILS to advertise a Route Pattern to CMS via SME.

Trying to find the right design guide for this scenario.  The me this usage of CMS matches centralized applications.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab12/collab12/models.html

Honestly almost all our calls/meetings are WebEx > Call my Video unit via Expressway/Proximity.  The CMS will rarely get used I bet.

-jason

"http://www.dimensiondata.com/emaildisclaimer"