[cisco-voip] os admin and security password recovery 10.5.2

naresh rathore nareh84 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 25 21:34:04 EDT 2020

hi

one of our new customer have redundant cucm, im and presence and unity. they are still using 10.5.2.2000-1. they dont have recording of cli and security password and want to reconfigure those. i came through following link

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/cucm-passwords-and-password-recovery/ta-p/3162863

i have following queries.

  1.  do we have to use recovery iso or bootable cucm/imp/cuc iso
  2.  in case of redundancy, whether we have to do publisher first and then subscriber?
  3.  customer dont have iso images for 10.5.2.2000-1. when i looked into software, i found out that recovery image of 10.5.2.1000-5 is available only? will it work when i use it while changing cli and security password for 10.5.2.2000-1.

Regards

Naray