[cisco-voip] Cisco Headset with Multibase unregister/ reregister to IP Phone

Reto Gassmann voip at mrga.ch
Fri Jan 31 10:52:56 EST 2020

According to the Cisco Headset 500 Series User Guide our SW Versions
should be ok.

Here a description what I did to start conferencing:

You are in a call with your headset, then place the guest headset on
the base (there is a sound on the primary headset), press Call button
on the primary headset to enable the guest headset to join (there is a
sound confirming the join and the second LED flashes, but after ~10
sec there is another sound and all of the LEDs are on).

The conferencing is not established.

According to the Cisco Headset 500 Series User Guide, this should work:

 https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/Headsets/English/userguide/h56x_b_cisco-500-series-user-guide/h56x_b_cisco-500-series-user-guide_chapter_00.html

IP Phone model:  8851

CUCM 10.5.2.11900-3,

IP phone firmware: sip88xx.12-5-1SR2-2