[cisco-voip] SX 20 and MS Teams

Terry Oakley Terry.Oakley at rdc.ab.ca
Wed Mar 25 23:29:15 EDT 2020

I first of all again want to thank this brilliant community of very knowledgeable administrators.    You have solved many issues for us admins and I for one have truly appreciated the assistance.
Once again I am reaching out but this time mostly for guidance or suggestions.

We have two SX 20’s installed for remote video connection for class instruction.   That went along very well but over the past while we have not used that video connection that much.   Staff and students used other avenues.    Now under the Covid19 situation in renewed need for video for remote meetings of staff via video to other video endpoints, WebEx and connection with Microsoft Teams if at all possible.    So here is my request for guidance and or suggestions

We have CUCM 12.5
IM and Presence 12.5
Expressway Core and Edge X12.7
WebEx on prem 4.0
Unity 12.5
SX 20 currently registered to CUCM 12.5
DX 80  currently waiting for a license

So here is my request for guidance and or suggestions
What do you the administrators suggest should be our configuration?
I read that the devices should be registered to the Expressway so should the SX 20 be registered to CUCM 12.5 or the Expressway Core?
And would that be the same for the DX80 like Jabber MRA?

Thanks in advance