[cisco-voip] SX 20 and MS Teams

Mark H. Turpin mturpin at covene.com
Thu Mar 26 17:11:27 EDT 2020

Terry,

You've got everything you need to do video meetings quite well the only concern might be the capacity with your on-prem CWMS. Do you feel you have sufficient capacity ports/processor-wise for your user community?

There are free 90-day Webex trials you could stand up in the cloud if there's a concern there. If people aren't doing much Webex using your on-prem systems today, it might be the fastest road to Rome...

Regarding registration placement, I'd suggest putting the SX and DX on CUCM vs. Expressway. Your Expressway deployment should've included the trunks you'll need to make b2b calls and/or calls to Webex cloud.

Depending on how your CWMS is deployed, you may or may not have the IRP which will provide connectivity for remote folks. Your Expressways would really only be in use if you'll have remote video users calling into your internal network, or you need to call other organizations' Webex / or on-premise video endpoints.

Are you planning on running the DX80 off-net / at someone's home, etc.? I saw you mention MRA, so I wanted to ask.

I'm not sure how much you care about the SX20/DX80 being able to join a Microsoft Teams meeting. I'm a hardcore Cisco Webex guy but I have to acknowledge, there's a company called Pexip that made a bridging solution which you can use to gateway calls and be the connection broker between your Cisco / Expressway infrastructure and Teams. If you need OBTP into Teams meetings, we made some software to schedule & enable that </sales>.

But more importantly, we decided we're going to doing everything covid-related for free, so I'm happy to jump on a Webex and help you out as much as I can at no charge.