[cisco-voip] E164 Alt Ext and Cisco Unity

Austin Williams austinpucknether at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 16:13:28 EDT 2021

 Hi All,

We are running into an issue and have sought help from Cisco TAC who has
not been able to help us on this issue. Currently we are running a Full
+E164 numbering Plan with both 5 digit Enterprise Alternate numbers and
+E.164 Alternate numbers. So to give an example of a Test phone I have set
up:

   - Directory number: \+150259663629
   - Enterprise Alt
      - Number Mask: XXXXX
      - Alternate Number: 63629
      - Route Partition: 9999-EALT-PT
   - +E.164 Alternate Number
      - Number Mask: XXXXXXXXXX
      - Alternate Number: 5025966329
      - Route Partition: 0-KHC-EntAltExt

When this phone is dialed by either the 5 digit or 10 digit and forwards to
voicemail the redirected and last redirected number that Unity Receives is
the Dialed number, either the 5 digit or 10 digit, and as we have not
configured ALT extensions on the mailboxes it fails to find the correct
box. If I set the Alt ext on each Unity mail box it does function and I can
do that for the 10 digit, I am going to run into an Issue setting the 5
digit as an Alt extension on the mailboxes as we are going to overlap on
multiple sites.

What we are trying to do is find a way to tell the call manager to send the
full +1XXXXXXXXXX as the Last Redirected Number when either the 11 digit
full, 10 digit or 5 digit number is dialed. We have tried a *Called Number
Transformation* to no result and have messed with the device pool
setting  *“Redirected
transformation CSS”* on a test DP to no effect either.

Does anyone have any suggestions

CUCM version: 12.5.1.14900-63
Unity Version: 12.5.1.14900-45

Our Unity mailboxes are built with +1XXXXXXXXXX as their D

Thanks,

Austin John Williams

Email: austinwilly at gmail.com