[dc-ops] Suggestions for USB cell modem for SMS alerting

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Fri Sep 9 09:44:32 EDT 2011

I'm trying to setup a box to send critical nagios alerts via SMS directly to operations staff's phones using either kannel or smstools. Does anyone have any suggestion for a USB cell modem that will work in a datacenter in the NE US? Verizon & AT&T have decent service in our region. Ideally the modem would be able to be connected to an external antenna we would run up to the roof.

----
Matthew Huff             | 1 Manhattanville Rd
Director of Operations   | Purchase, NY 10577
OTA Management LLC       | Phone: 914-460-4039
aim: matthewbhuff        | Fax:   914-460-4139