[e-nsp] Critical errors: Connection between MSM-B mother board port X ..

Andraz Sraka a at aufbix.org
Fri Jul 13 05:08:05 EDT 2007

re

On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 10:38 +1200, TiM wrote:
> Based on your logs I'd say there's a good chance MSM-B is broken
> (hardware failure).  Though having dealt with Extreme's before, it
> could be any number of things really.

Is there any good change that I can replace MSM-B with a new one
on-the-fly, without bringing system down. What's the solution? Must be
in this case something typed into switch configuration?

I see that BD has put MSM-B on the side and it's not recognized by the
system anymore.

MSM:              MSM-A        MSM-B
                  ------------ ------------
Module Type:      MSM64i       Empty
Current State:    MASTER       Empty

> Your best bet is to open a TAC case, they'll be much better at helping
> you.

huh, don't know I we have any agreement of support with Extreme or any
of there dealers.

> The only other advice I can offer is to run extended diags on MSM-B,
> but in doing that there's always the chance it'll bring the switch
> down.

I know :( It's a bit hard doing this on equipment that running heavily
in productions ..

thanks,
 Andraz

--