[e-nsp] DDM and SNMP

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Tue Jan 24 08:37:11 EST 2012

>> You need original 10G modules or some that behave as originals.
>> I finally found a method to make my ones looking like extreme's ;)

And - btw, look at that:
* Slot-1 SummitStack-GZE.1 # show ports 1:16 transceiver information

Port      Temp    TxPower  RxPower  TxBiasCurrent  Voltage-Aux1/
Voltage-Aux2
        (Celsius)   (dBm)    (dBm)     (mA)         Vcc (Volts)
(Volts)
1:16     40.29     0.56     -17.03    53.61         3.35          N/A
             N/A indicates that the parameter is not applicable
             to the optics connected to the port

* Slot-1 SummitStack-GZE.2 #

with detail command there is also:

     Rx Power (dBm)        : -17.03
           Low Warn Threshold  : -27.96      High Warn Threshold  :
-9.00
           Low Alarm Threshold : -28.86      High Alarm Threshold :
-8.00

This is CWDM SFP+ module with range up to 26dB. On the sticker it sais
that 70km, but should be good in some cases for 100km ;)

Regards,
Marcin