[BULK] - RE: [f-nsp] Problems getting OSPF running

Chris Moore - GMD chris.moore at gmd.com
Mon Apr 12 17:02:51 EDT 2004

No, I doubt that's the problem - it'll pick a router ID if it isn't assigned
one. That's worked for me (when I forgot to assign the ID, LOL).

I assume you've checked that the Ciscos are using area 0.0.0.0 or just plain
0, and that they are communicating amongst themselves on this LAN? That they
are not set to authenticate OSPF messages (otherwise you'll need to config
that)?

Beyond that, put a sniffer on a port and make sure it sees the OSPF info. An
sFlow collector like nTop would allow you to do this without interupting
traffic......

Grasping for straws....my config is essentially identical to yours and works
fine. I had no issues in setting it up to converse with my Ciscos,
Netscreens and Radware boxes.

Chris

Chris Moore
WAN Engineer