[f-nsp] can't get ping on foundry

Dan Norton dan at synccast.com
Mon Jun 14 21:10:59 EDT 2004

I tried both connection to a switch via xover cable with auto-neg on and
off (hard coded the ports) because Cisco auto-neg is pretty terrible.

As well as directly connected to a router via cat5 cable. Crossover
cable won't work when connecting foundry-router.

I also tried direct connection to a laptop via cat5.

I also don't have any vlans set up and if you look at my first post it
shows that vlan tagging is not active on all the interfaces and the port
shows up and in a forwarding state.

Dan Norton
CCNA, MCP
Network Administrator
WareNet/SyncCast
dan at ware.net
dan at synccast.com
(949) 417 - 2300 x 2360
(888) 927 - 3329 (Fax)
Emergency Cell Phone: 949-300-4215
SMS: emergency at ware.net
aim: deveyn
WebSite Development, Web Hosting, Connectivity, Colocation

"When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things
can turn into deadly projectiles."