[f-nsp] acls on foundry devices

anil at kadium.us anil at kadium.us
Thu Jan 27 06:39:26 EST 2005

Hi,

We are using Foundry BigIron(MG8) and FastIron 4802-PREM devices in our datacenter. I'm new to foundry. I want to know the difference between applying acls on physical interfaces and virtual interfaces w.r.t both BigIron and FI4802. I observed that when we apply acls on FI4802 and do "sh access-list xxx" it's displays as below with some rule cams: (I applied this acl to a virtual routing interface)

FI4802#sh access-list xxx
Show ACL counter List......
ACL counter List : 1290 bytes

Extended IP access list xxx (Total rule cams used: 32)
permit tcp any any eq 25(Rule cams used: 1)
permit tcp any any established (Rule cams used: 1)

But if you apply an acl on BigIron to a physical interface and do "sh access-list xxx", it did not display any rule cam info. Why is it so? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Anil