[f-nsp] Load balancing DNS servers on a ServerIron 8XL

Tom Samplonius tom at uniserve.com
Wed Sep 27 16:01:38 EDT 2006

   DNS2 might be too slow to respond, or lost a few hundred requests.

   From reading the docs, the SI has special handling for DNS requests.  It
removes the connection immediately after the response is processed.  So if there
is no response, the connection will stay around until it is aged.  So if DNS2
just discarded a bunch of requests, they would sit around as connections.

Tom