[f-nsp] Is there much to recommend an MLX?

Andreas Larsen andreas at larsen.pl
Thu Dec 4 05:23:44 EST 2008

pros
I would have to agree we run 20 XMR and about 10 MLX in our network. We went
for the XMR since it's more future proof in terms of CAM memory and IPV4
with dualstack IPV6. The platform is really worth the most bang for the
bucks currently.
The support we recive is great and the team in sweden is awesome in helping.

Cons
We have had some issues with 10G cards failing in the MLX/XMR platform and
also some issues with Multicast on IPV4. Mostly depending on software not
sure if that would impact your decision but I would test out the Multicast
and IPV6 functionality thorough first if you intend to use it.

Regards Andreas