[f-nsp] Is there much to recommend an MLX?

Jason Evans jevans24 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 09:30:28 EST 2008

We have 8 in XMR's in production at this point, some running hundreds of BGP
sessions, and our pain has been minimal. There was a pretty bad software bug
that caused us to send full tables to peers so we were tripping
max-prefixes, but it was addressed. I think we've had 1 line card fail in
the past 6 months, so not bad.

I would definitely recommend the XMR for its price/performance point.
However, be very careful with what you try to do with a SuperX :-). Don't
mix SuperX with BGP if you can help it.