[f-nsp] VPLS and Q-in-Q

Lazuardi Nasution mrxlazuardin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 13:13:25 EST 2008

Hi,

Anybody has experience with interacting VPLS and Q-in-Q ? Let us
assume there is a backbone ring with some nodes. I want to make Outer
VLAN ID is related to Service ID and Node ID and the inner VLAN is
related to Service ID and and Customer ID. How to set on the VPLS
cloud to bridge the customer sites which are connected to different
nodes but using the same service since the traffic will be flaged with
different Outer VLAN ID depends on where the customer sites are
connected ? So the VPLS cloud will be based on Service ID and Customer
ID like the Inner VLAN ID. The goal is to make as low as possible
configuration effort on every segment on the backbone ring in addition
of new customer sites and only register Outer VLAN ID if there are new
customer and/or new service. If I use only standard VLAN, I must
register the VLAN ID on every segment of backbone ring.

Best regards,