[f-nsp] MPLS without P Router

Tomasz Szewczyk tomeks at man.poznan.pl
Thu Oct 9 02:46:28 EDT 2008

Hi,

During our migration form L2 to MPLS switched network we used "local"
VPLS instances (VPLS without remote peers) to close L2 ring. On our XMRs
the L2 BPDUs were transmitted transparently. It was log time ago so
there was not possible to bind spanning-tree to VPLS. Currently as far
as I know it is possible to bing VPLS instance to topology group.
Today all our XMRs are working as P and PE routers. What you mean about
L2 ring? In our network XMRs are connected only with L3 (with MPLS)
interfaces and all L2 traffic is transmitted as VLL or VPLS service.

best regards

Tomek