[f-nsp] Question about MLX/XMR capabilities

Dimitar Kosadinov kgb at bginfo.net
Tue Jan 27 05:49:44 EST 2009

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:28:36 +0100
Allan Eising <allan.eising at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> We're currently considering if the Foundry MLX/XMR series will fit as our
> core routers.
> I've been searching through the foundry site, and there are two core
> requirements that I'm uncertain if the XMR or MLX can handle:
>
>  - VLANs overlapping between interfaces, eg. two routed vlan subinterfaces
> both encapsulated with vlan 50.
I don't understand why You need VLAN overlapping for this case.
feature name is ip-follow but on MLX-XMR this is not support, you need use PVLAN to make this if use old IOS, in new IOS PVLAN not supported!!!
Why You need VLAN overlapping btw ? my be find different way ...

>  - Per sub-interface shaping.
rate-limit with policy-map work very good per VLAN for me.
rate-limit with policy-map + ACL work too / my use per vrf or global /

--
 <kgb at bginfo.net>