[f-nsp] Foundry XMR [user based rate limiting]

Valeri A Streltsov v.streltsov at tiera.org
Mon Mar 16 09:23:48 EDT 2009

Hi

May somebody knows does XMR supports user based rate limiting?

As I see from documentation in traffic policing "Up to 990 Port-and-ACLbased
policies can be configured for a port under normal conditions".

I have several thousands of customers, most of them have same "tarif" with
fixed access speed.
Totally about 20 different speeds should be provided.

It should (by my meaning) looks like:

All customers with access speed, for example, 5Mbps should be in one ACL and
should have one rate-limit rule where described speed and that each IP have
separate "speed tube".

Any ideas? Or may be there is another one way to do it?

Valeri Streltsov
TiERA Broadband Operator
http://www.tiera.ru
Tel. +7 812 6111116