[f-nsp] difference between NI-CES & CER devices?

Vladimir Litovka doka.ua at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 03:28:20 EDT 2010

Brian hi,

as datasheet says, CES supports two software licenses kits:

1) ME_PREM supports rich set of Ethernet capabilities: PB, PBB, EOAM; from
MPLS side only VPLS/VLL supported and subset of L3 (no BGP)
2) L3_PREM is just pure L3 switch (BASE + full L3 incl. Multi-VRF)

On the other hand, CER supports everything above and full MPLS suite in
ADV_SVC_PREM. Looks like they are similar in hardware, difference just in
positioning, exactly like for Cisco's 6500 (switching platform) and 7600
(routing platform).

Any comments on this?

--
/doka