[f-nsp] FastIron SuperX dropping packet between modules

Gabriel Barazer gabriel at oxeva.fr
Mon Oct 11 13:05:42 EDT 2010

Hello,

We recently upgraded our network and replaced an old Netgear switch with a FastIron SuperX-PREM switch. This new switch has a FI424C (24x copper) module and the FI12GM management module with 12 SFP/Copper combo ports. The software loaded is the L3 code version 05.1.00T3e3.

The switch runs fine when we use one module at a time, but seems to drop packets when we try to use ports on both modules at the same time (e.g. when transmitting data from port 1/1 to 9/1). This very strange behaviour does not affect any traffic occuring between ports on the same module. We tried changing optics and even using copper ports on the management module, with no success.
At the moment and until this problem is solved, we are only using Layer 2 forwarding and tagged vlans, disabled everything else such as STP/RSTP functions.

Does anyone have experienced the same thing on this model ?

Thanks,
Gabriel