[f-nsp] NAGIOS plugin for Brocade MLXe

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Tue May 10 01:57:25 EDT 2011

I enhanced an existing NAGIOS check_snmp_environment plugin to check power
supply, fan, and temperature of the Brocade MLXe.  It may work for the MLX
and XMR – I don’t know.   It automatically scales to the number of power
supplies, fans, and blades (each blade has a different number of temperature
sensors).

Here's some sample output:
ps 1: OK: ps 2: OK:
Back Fan A (1): OK; Back Fan A (2): OK;
Back Fan B (7): OK; Back Fan B (8): OK;
Back Fan C (13): OK; Back Fan C (14): OK;
Back Fan D (19): OK; Back Fan D (20): OK;
Line module 1, sensor 1 temperature of 31°C: OK;
Line module 1, sensor 2 temperature of 35.5°C: OK;
Line module 1, sensor 4 temperature of 33°C: OK;
Line module 1, sensor 5 temperature of 36°C: OK;
Active management module temperature of 25.5°C: OK;
Active management module temperature of 38.5°C: OK;
Switch Fabric module 0, sensor 1 temperature of 25.5°C: OK;
Switch Fabric module 1, sensor 1 temperature of 37.5°C: OK;
all OK

I shared the improvements with the main author only today, but feel free to
contact me if you want a copy.

Frank