[f-nsp] [cacti-user] Graphing Brocade MLXe (and MLX and XMR?) IPv4 and IPv6 interface counters in Cacti

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Wed May 11 22:27:44 EDT 2011

Attached are some templates I created and then exported from Cacti that draw
on Brocade's private MIB that expose the MLXe's IPv4 and IPv6 counters on a
per physical interface basis.  This may be handy for those who want to
create a baseline of IPv6 traffic before World IPv6 Day, both in term of
absolute byte or packets, or in terms of percentage of traffic.  (Not sure
if the OIDs are supported on the MLX or XMR platforms and what software
release it might need).

These are the graphs:
- IPv4 packets (in and out)
- IPv6 packets (in and out)
- IPv4 bytes (in and out)
- IPv6 bytes (in and out)
- percentage of bytes that are IPv6

They're 64-bit counters so it should work for higher-rate traffic.

I think I've included all the relevant pieces by exporting from the Cacti
GUI, but let me know if needed to include the brocade_mlxe_counters.xml file
in resource/snmp_queries/.

Kind regards,

Frank