[f-nsp] Advanced Services Premium upgrade license for CER

Steven Raymond sraymond at acedatacenter.com
Mon Mar 12 15:04:19 EDT 2012

On Mar 11, 2012, at 6:19 AM, Robert Hass wrote:

> Hi
> Anyone on the list did upgrade from BASE to PREMIUM license on CER
> 2024/2048 platform ?
>
> I did some licenses upgrades on FastIrons'a but using EEPROMs
> installed in hardware. Never did with software licenses. Is this
> upgrade needs reboot ? Can anyone puts 'show version' from CER which
> was upgraded from BASE to PREMIUM ?

Before:
telnet at NetIron CER 2024F#show ver
System: NetIron CER (Serial #: ########,  Part #: 40-1000618-01)
License: RT_SCALE (LID: ########)

After:
telnet at NetIron CER 2024F#sh ver
System: NetIron CER (Serial #: ########,  Part #: 40-1000618-01)
License: RT_SCALE, ADV_SVCS_PREM (LID: ########)

The upgrade does not require a reboot.  You get a paper that has your transaction key on it, go to my.brocade.com , license management, type in the LID and the paper key, and it emails you an xml file that you must tftp to the CER.  Then done.