[f-nsp] QinQ on FLS

Maxime Baudin maxime.baudin at ac-rennes.fr
Wed Mar 14 04:46:01 EDT 2012

Le 14/03/2012 01:46, Robert Hass a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I have two switches, one is Cisco 6500, second is Brocade FLS624. Both
> are interconnected by 10GE link and I have to enable on both switches
> single GE port with QinQ.

Hi,
I had to configure QinQ with FLS few years ago

in the Brocade documentation I found :

FastIron(config)#tag-type 9100 e 11 to 12
FastIron(config)#aggregated-vlan
Note that since ports 11 and 12 belong to the port region 1 – 12, the
802.1Q tag actually applies to ports 1 – 12.

So tag-type is a bit too "global" for you.

> Is below configuration allow me to configure Q-in-Q to individual
> ports on FLS624 ? :
Add :

"aggregated-vlan" in global conf and It's exactly what we did.
It works perfectly.

> BTW. What is difference between super-aggregated-VLAN and Q-in-Q using
> tag-type/tag-profile ?

 From my point of view, it's just a vocabulary difference.
Aggregated-Vlan is associated vith "tag-profile" and QinQ with "tag-type".

Both does standard 802.1Q encapsulation.

 From Brocade documentation :

"802.1Q-in-Q tagging provides finer granularity for configuring 802.1Q
tagging, enabling you to configure 802.1Q
tag-types on a group of ports."

Finer granularity.....on a group of ports... Still searching :)

Best regards,
Maxime

--
Maxime Baudin - Rectorat de Rennes
SERIA-R, 62 rue Dupont des loges - 35000 Rennes