[f-nsp] QinQ on FLS

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Mar 14 05:57:30 EDT 2012

On 14/03/2012 08:46, Maxime Baudin wrote:
> Finer granularity.....on a group of ports... Still searching

This sort of thing is generally a hardware limitation caused by the fact
that all the ethernet ports in a port group are controlled by a single
asic.  There are lots of limitations like this on the FI boxes.  One that
particularly annoys me is that sflow conflicts with port mirroring.  i.e.
if you need to monitor a single port in a port group, you need to disable
sflow on all the ports in that port group.  I've had to set up scripting to
selectively re-enable sflow in this situation because it's caused me a lot
of grief.

Nick