[f-nsp] telnet issue on multiple Foundry switches

aaron at wholesaleinternet.net aaron at wholesaleinternet.net
Tue May 29 22:31:11 EDT 2012

Hello all,

I'm having a strange issue when I try to telnet into a few of my foundry
switches.  The switches will refuse the connections.

I originally had this issue with two 4802s.  I thought the problem was due
to bad switchs but then the issue popped up on an MG8 and an RX4.

If I stop and restart the telnet service from the console they will accept
telnet connections for about 5 minutes, then start refusing them again.
show telnet shows no active sessions and the CPUs are not overloaded. Logs
are clear.

Has anyone experienced this before and knows a solution?  Is this a known
issue I need to look out for?  Any advise is appreciated.

Aaron