[f-nsp] Cannot ping VRRP IP when backup active

Sujith jith787 at gmail.com
Tue May 15 09:45:59 EDT 2012

Hello,

To state in simple words, the router which owns the "Master" state will not
reply for ICMP PING request as it is the nature of the protocol.

We have many number of implementation and it is well proven that the ICMP
PING will not work for VIP owned by standby router.

As many suggested, the VRRP-e will reply for ICMP PING request as it is
Foundry proprietary protocol.

Thanks
-Sujith