[f-nsp] STP BPDU filtering

Alexander Shikoff minotaur at crete.org.ua
Sat Dec 14 08:12:05 EST 2013

Hi,

Recently I noticed that my Brocade MLXe-16 does not drop STP BPDU packets
even if 'spanning-tree protect' is configured in port-configuration:

telnet at lsr1-gdr.ki#show int eth 12/8
10GigabitEthernet12/8 is up, line protocol is up
  STP Root Guard is disabled, STP BPDU Guard is enabled

But there are a lot STP BPDUs coming in that port, and moreover they
are forwarded to all other ports within one VLAN.
Generally, I need just to drop all incoming STP BPDUs on all ports,
and nothing else. Any hints? Thanks in advance!

--
MINO-RIPE