[f-nsp] Prefix (dis-)aggregation & prefix (re-)aggregation

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Wed Feb 27 17:12:16 EST 2013

On Wed, 2013-02-27 at 23:04 +0100, Alex HM wrote:
> Everybody mentions that up to 40% of the entire table is rubbish. A
> lot of people around are bashing the MLs mentioning they re-aggregate
> these prefixes, but nobody seems to have shared their methodology,
> tools, algorithm or findings.

If you're asking about quantifying the potential for improvement, I
think you're looking for the CIDR Report: http://www.cidr-report.org

If you're saying there's some mechanism for re-aggregating these to
reduce space in my routers' FIBs, I'm not aware of that, but would
definitely be interested.

--
Richard