[f-nsp] LDP ECMP for non transit LSR (not MPLS-TE)

Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr youssef at 720.fr
Fri Jan 11 08:53:47 EST 2013

Hello,

I have two MLXe-4 routers (running 540b) connected via two 10G routed B2B
links (using ISIS as my IGP).

I have IP ECMP working, I would like to achieve ECMP between this two
routers in order to load-balance my MPLS trafic.

This networks being fairly simple, I would like to keep things that way and
avoid using MPLS-TE for now.

Config guide says LDP ECMP can be achieved for transit LSR but I don't
qualify for this (only got PEs), though if have actived LDP ECMP :

SSH at er01-par01#sh mpls ldp
Label Distribution Protocol version 1
  LSR ID: XXX.YYY.ZZZ.3, using Loopback 1 (deleting it will stop LDP)
  Hello interval: Link 5 sec, Targeted 15 sec
  Hold time value sent in Hellos: Link 15 sec, Targeted 45 sec
  Keepalive interval: 6 sec, Hold time multiple: 6 intervals
  Keepalive timeout: 36 sec
  *Load sharing: 4*
  Tunnel metric: 0
  FEC used for auto discovered peers: current 129, configured 129
  End of LIB: Disabled, Notification time: 60000 ms, tx label silence time:
1000 ms
  Rx label silence time: 1000 ms
  Graceful restart: enabled
    Reconnect time: 120 seconds, Max peer reconnect time: 120 seconds
    Recovery time: 120 seconds, Max peer recovery time: 120 seconds
    Forwarding state holding timer: not running

Is there anyway to do that simply ?

Best regards.

Y.