[f-nsp] NI-MLX-10Gx4 shown as "Invalid Module" maybe due to very old code on lp whlile chassis is on 5.3

Gunther Stammwitz gstammw at gmx.net
Wed Jul 24 17:51:19 EDT 2013

Hi Erich,

there was no other module in the slot.

At first the module was not regocnized so I set "module 4 ni-mlx-10gx4" manually but it didn't help.
I had removed the module, delete the line out of the config and reinsterted the module.
Now the mlx says "S4: Invalid Module  CARD_STATE_REBOOT   0        000c.dbe1.2f90" instead of S4: Invalid Module  CARD_STATE_REBOOT   0        xxx (S4: Configured as NI-MLX-10Gx4 4-port 10GbE Module).

Thanks anyway for your hint, I'm still looking for the solution :-)

Gunther