Panel Meter FS

Herbert M. Rosenthal herbrose at LOBO.NET
Sat Nov 15 18:28:04 EST 1997

Just stripped a homebrew antenna tuner some cobbler made back in the
dark ages..Never mind the gory details..I don't know how this thing ever
worked.. but I did recover a nice rotary coil (BC375, I think), and a
small Heath meter; perhaps someone out there can use the meter:

        It is 1 3/4" at the top, 1 1/2" at the bottom, and 1 3/4" high..the
Heath keystone shape. Dark green, naturally. Black dial face, calibrated
-20 to + 3 on the top scale which is labeled VU. The bottom scale is
labeled SWR and is calibrated 1 to 3 and SET at the far right side. I
measured it, and it is 50 microamps full scale.

The meter face and front green case are perfect..a 10 cosmetically, and
the rear, clear meter case has several cracks, but is completely intact.

I should mention the meter was used in an abomination of a directional
SWR bridge kluged into the tuner :-).

Let me know if you can use the meter for something. I must admit, I'm
stumped, seeing a VU meter and a SWR bridge on one meter. Perhaps it was
from a combination phone patch and SWR meter.

Herb Rosenthal W5AN
herbrose at lobo.net

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov