Front panel renovations

John Q. Doe Mike_J_Phillips at CCMAIL.ORL.LMCO.COM
Wed Sep 3 10:51:00 EDT 1997

I'm sure many of us have that favorite rig, now functioning
beautifully, however the front panel has become worn with
sometimes hard to read lettering. In my case it's an SB310 (
cousin to the SB300 series). Apparently a close match paint is
available judging from posts to this group. So, how does one
tackle the white lettering? My thoughts at this point are the
possibilities of using transfer lettering available at most
office supply stores. With methodical application of the
lettering (careful selection of size and font) followed by an
overcoat of a clear semi-gloss sealer,it may be possible to
rejuvenate a worn panel.

Questions: Has anybody had any direct experience with the paint
offered by R&R Designs (Heath, Johnson, Collins, etc. matching
paint) or others? Good match? Has anyone in the group undertaken
a similar project?

Please respond to the group as there may be considerable interest
in this topic. I would like to hear your thoughts.

                          Mike (KE4HBA)