Heath Equipment Sale

Brian Carling bry at MNSINC.COM
Mon Sep 8 22:16:18 EDT 1997

This story reminds me so much of a sign that the local hamstore owner
(Owen Frisbee, K4???) had on his office wall at the store in
Mt. Juliet, TN about 22 years ago:

"DON'T BELIEVE A MAN WHO TELLS YOU THAT HE IS THE BOSS
AT HOME: HE WILL PROBABLY LIE ABOUT OTHER THINGS TOO!"

On  5 Sep 97 at 9:11, Keith Rowland wrote:

> Many thanks to the many people who inquired about my possibly putting up
> all my Heath gear for sale, and to those who commented on the
> feasibility and desireability of doing so.
>
> Everyone, even many of those who were interested in buying, recommended
> against selling.  The deciding factor was my XYL's reaction.  She, to
> put it mildly, could not believe I was considering getting rid of all
> the things I have laboriously collected over nearly 50 years.  Her
> reaction really put it into perspective for me.  I also, after
> estimating what it was worth, do not believe Icould get enough out of it
> to buy the modern transceiver I want, and nothing less would be really
> satisfactory. It would also leave me with no linear amp, no monitor
> scope, no high power tuner and wattmeter, etc., etc.  And no test gear.
>
> All this is not to mention the fact that it is unlikely any one
> individual would be able to buy it all, and that is the only practical
> way for me to do it.  I believe the cost would be too high for an
> individual, and the proceeds too small to accomplish my aim.
>
> Therefore, as I promised, I am posting a notice to the entire group that
> the decision is not to sell.
>

> Again, many thanks to all for your advice and assistance in this matter.
>
>                                      73, Keith

*** 73 from Radio AF4K/G3XLQ Gaithersburg, MD USA  *
**  E-mail to:  bry at mnsinc.com                     *
*** See the interesting ham radio resources at:    *
**  http://www.mnsinc.com/bry/                     *
AM International #1024, TENTEN #13582. GRID FM19
Rigs: Valiant, DX-60/HG-10, Eldico TR-75, Millen 90810
FT-840, TM-261, Ameco TX-62, Gonset Communicator III
HTX-202...TEN-TEN #13582, DXCC #17,763 Bicentennial WAS